Monday 9 September 2013

St Ives



When I woke up this morning there was a very definite autumnal nip in the air.  Even though it looks like we are forecast some warmer weather still to come it feels like the end of summer today.

Backing up the photos on my phone I found all those I took on our holiday to St Ives, Cornwall at the beginning of August.  It was the first time visiting for the children - the all day drive down has put us off since they came along- and they had a fantastic week.  The weather was a little mixed but we mostly had glorious sunshine and made the most of the beautiful beach.



It is such a pretty little town, although packed with visitors in the high season, and I quite enjoyed walking up and down the streets with the pushchair trying to get Nell to sleep!



Nell had her very first splash in the sea and was very enthusiastic, we had to hold her back from walking right in.


Bea was not so keen on the paddling but had days of sandy fun building sand castles and dams.



St Ives also has some lovely little shops.  I can't remember the name of the shop in which I took these photos but they had lots of pretty things.


Goodbye summer, until next year!



No comments: