I've finally made my first Geranium dress! I've seen so many beautiful versions of it floating around the web and when I came across this linen look cotton fabric it came to mind as the perfect pattern for the colour block dress I had in mind.
I made the age 5 with fingers crossed (the pattern only goes up to age 5 so I was praying it would be big enough) but luckily it fits really well, with even a little room for growth.
I wanted to line the flutter sleeves in the same fabric as the bodice lining as I thought it would look cute peeping out so I rejigged the sleeve pattern piece a bit to allow for the extra seam. I love how it turned out.
The fabric is really soft and drapes nicely. I went for the gathered skirt option.
Bea objects a bit to my button choice, but at least she can't see them once its on!
And Miss Fussy is happy with it thank goodness! I will definitely be making more geraniums for both girls. I can see why the pattern is so popular!