Friday 17 May 2013

Stop the bandwaggon, I'm hopping on



I've finally made my first Geranium dress!  I've seen so many beautiful versions of it floating around the web and when I came across this linen look cotton fabric it came to mind as the perfect pattern for the colour block dress I had in mind.




I made the age 5 with fingers crossed (the pattern only goes up to age 5 so I was praying it would be big enough) but luckily it fits really well, with even a little room for growth.




I wanted to line the flutter sleeves in the same fabric as the bodice lining as I thought it would look cute peeping out so I rejigged the sleeve pattern piece a bit to allow for the extra seam.  I love how it turned out.




The fabric is really soft and drapes nicely.  I went for the gathered skirt option.




Bea objects a bit to my button choice, but at least she can't see them once its on!




And Miss Fussy is happy with it thank goodness!  I will definitely be making more geraniums for both girls.  I can see why the pattern is so popular!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Clever idea with the sleeves- it looks great and eliminates those raw edges. Very nice!