I pinned this lovely top ages ago on my kids clothes board as I loved the horizontal stripes and the wide white bands on the sleeves. I had it in my mind to make something similar for Bea for the summer.
So last week I finally got round to it. I adapted a simple pattern from Making children's clothes by Emma Hardy - basically just chopping off the sleeves and adding the white bands.
Obviously its quite different from the original inspiration but I'm pretty happy with it. The only thing I found with the pattern is that it came up quite short - I would definitely add a couple of inches next time.
This week I hope to make a matching dress for the baby (yes, I plan to be that mother!)